To read about the selection of woods and development of the sidrazzi
SMT circuit board, read The Sidrazzi
To read about the ancient Sidrassi circuit (handmade) that this is
based upon, here is that page.
pete, i'm sure you know but i had to tell you again what a great instrument the new sidrazzi is!
- i really appreciate the super-efficient design, the way the barres connect to the bridge and nodes screw into the case make it feel totally solid in your hands.
- placement of barres, nodes & pots encourage handheld playing, very intimate vs tabletop - i'm already learning by memory where the bottom node groups are , its totally possible to do chinkwonk style playing (touch barre caress bottom sounds steamy).
- love the visual juxtaposition that the clear pvc barres give - wood, circuit -true electro-acoustics
- silkscreen + wood colors on back - the zazzi side
- classic sweet sids sounds are still there but modulation bucket seems wider, maybe due to ultrasound range? lots of territory to explore here
all n all, this is a fabulous achievement, you should be really proud of it. once people find out about this you're going to need more - so let me know if i can help at all with chinese board advances, it wouldn't be a problem